Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Graphical Installer Question

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Graphical Installer Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    +1 for rEFInd, it's very adaptable, and will show all bootable drives even swapping them out.
    I understand why users would find this an attractive option. However, I am used to my custom GRUB configurations and prefer to keep it that way.

Once you get the hang of the syntax, writing custom GRUB files or modifying existing files with customizations is actually not that hard.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
    In other words, there is no way to tell subiquity to NOT install the bootloader? Even using cli parameters?
    Do you see that the end result of the edit will be the same as not installing a boot loader for the 2nd OS?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    Do you see that the end result of the edit will be the same as not installing a boot loader for the 2nd OS?
    You are right of course. Either way I will be editing in some way or another.

I do find it odd that the installer does not offer the option but I guess there must be good reasons for this.

My solution was to install Ubuntu normally and then chroot into the other OS to reinstall GRUB with all my custom settings.

Appreciate all the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12